Thursday, March 19, 2009

Home Sweet Crafty Home

I have little touches to add, here and there, but for the most part, she's done! I'll let the pictures do most of the talking.

The inspirations:



A blanket, hand knit and felted by my college friends in celebration of my wedding. Mine was the fourth blanket to be made for such an occasion. I specifically asked for something that was more for display than for every-day use, and they gave me this! I love the uneven edges. We started the tradition of knitting wedding blankets in 2003, when the first of us got married, and it was how I learned to knit. My college girls are usually my biggest inspiration, so the one thing that HAD to be in the room was this blanket. The other picture is the bedspread that inspired the wall color. I love purple, but I didn't want the color to be overhelming. The grayish hue that I chose was just right. Now...on to the before/afters!

Before




After





Before



After





Before




After (my law library)




There's still more to do, like finding a cork or magnet board for above the desk and getting a few more shelves on the walls. I've also purchased a few IKEA organizational pieces that I will be hacking in a future post. But I have to finish the current project I'm working on, first. You can catch a glimpse of it in the picture of my desk!

No comments:

Post a Comment