Saturday, June 13, 2009

Maybe I should just change the name to Laura Draper's Garden!

My backyard is really the only thing that I've made any progress on, lately. But now that I've been "liberated" (thankfully!) from a job that made my soul hurt, I'm hoping that I'll be able to dedicate more time to the things that make my soul happy! And maybe...just maybe...those things can make money for me, too. But for now, I'm just happy to have the time to do them.

I must admit that my lovely husband has truly been the force behind the backyard. He's teaching in the evenings, this summer, so his days have been spent buying flowers, veggie starts, and herbs to plant in containers. And once everything was purchased and planted and growing, we realized that our backyard was just a mess of containers with no room to hang out. So, today, we dedicated ourselves to fixing it up. We hung a couple of window boxes on a back wall, since we don't want to damage our new stone sills on the front of the house, and we organized all of the containers so that there was more open space. There's still alot of dirt on the ground that we'd like to get rid of, but for the most part, the yard is open for business (aka partying!). My one remaining goal is to build something to cover the kitty litter container herb garden...maybe next month.

The spruce is a monster!

One of our old windowboxes on the wall, with pots planted by the hubby.

The stuff in the long silver pots is our crazy endive (we trim it, it grows more...insane!), the big pot is an eggplant plant, and then more flowers.

The kitty litter herb garden in full effect.



The full view.




1 comment:

  1. Maybe I should just change the name to Laura Draper's Garden!
    yes!!
    In order to learn gardening

    ReplyDelete